Monday, June 9, 2014

Hello Again

Wow, it's been like 2 weeks since I have written anything. I think about it every day, and sometimes even open up a fresh page and stare at it for a few minutes, and then nothing. I'm pretty sure the overwhelming information I have been absorbing at work has cluttered my mind a bit. But today I will update on how things are going, even if it takes me all day of on and off writing.

I guess I should start with the biggest thing, and that would be that Nick and I are officially house hunting. We hired a realtor and last week we looked at 13 houses. Yes, THIRTEEN. I think we have four more lined up for this week. That is a lot of houses. Nick liked a few and I liked a couple but honestly none so far have been like, This is the one. This is where we will have friends over for dinner and have summer parties and start our family. Nope. I wish there was a Create Your Own! menu option at the end like when you go out to breakfast, so we could take all the features we love from each and make the perfect home. I still have confidence it is out there and we will find it, it just may take a little time.

In more positive news, I am loving the new job. I spent the last two weeks training in cheese, and though at first I was like a fish out of water flopping around on the back of a deer in headlights, I really started getting into it the last couple shifts! Like Saturday? When it was time to leave? I said, That went by too fast. WTF? Who says work went by too fast? I need to get a life. Just kidding, I couldn't be happier to not be counting down the minutes to leaving. It's genuinely fun and I enjoy the work and everything I am learning too. I really lucked out with the people on my team (soon to be hopefully team? I guess I'm technically still an outsider) as well, I swear they are the best in the store. I might be biased.

I have still been eating super clean, for the most part. I've had just a couple "oops"s over the last couple weeks, and have definitely injested far too much cheese (occupational hazard), and probably too much wine (but still not that much) but other than that I have been spot on. Still no dairy in my coffee, totally DONE with artificial sweeteners, hardly any meat (but some salmon), nothing processed, etc etc. Probably like 70% raw too at this point just due to the fact that I eat major salads almost daily. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Lots of fiber (averaging 30g/day). Lots of water. Almost no added sugars. I feel amazing. Best I can ever remember feeling.

And since the initial drop from the cleanse, I have lost ONE POUND. For the love of God.

Well have you been exercising?, you ask. Interesting question. Not in the traditional sense of the word. I haven't walked in weeks and I already forgot how to play the Pilates DVD. BUT. Being on my feet for 8 hours and moving around is kind of the same as walking? And picking up cheese wheels and giant bowls of olives is kind of like weight lifting? And pulling a wire through cheeses is pretty much the same as a rowing machine? So yeah, I guess you can say I go to the gym 3 times a week! Heh.

I got to see my friend Melissa and her adorable baby at Kiley's this weekend, because she was up from Florida. That made me happy. And last week Kiley had a lil snake friend in her house (aghh!), and then he left and then her cat "ran away" (aka hid somewhere outside for 2 days) and then her son turned 3 and then the cat came home! Which also made me happy. Exciting times over there. And she made it through all of that without going into labor. Way to be strong K!

This is a pretty sorry excuse for a post, but at least I wrote something. And it didn't take me all day. Now that I'm getting into a more natural groove with work I promise to start writing much more often again. After all, there are probably over 3 people that care.

CAN YOU EVEN





No comments:

Post a Comment