Monday, May 5, 2014

de Mayo

It's May! One of my favorite months (along with July). Actually it's May 5th already, Happy Cinco de Mayo tortilla and tequila lovers.

So far, May has been pretty ok.

Get this! I met my goal of losing 5lbs by the 1st. *confetti*

I did some form of exercise every day last week including Pilates. I slacked yesterday, but had an interview which I'll get to in a minute. Today is nice so I will be hitting the trail in a bit.

I still have plenty of weight loss/fitness to accomplish, as evidenced by the jeans I put on yesterday and ripped.

As far as the rest of my goals for April, I have to say I think I did pretty well. Definitely at least 60% success as promised. The biggest thing I failed at is not getting a job yet, but believe me, I'm still trying.

It's been warm enough to have the windows open during the day sometimes, and I have learned that although I do curse from time to time (not in inappropriate situations or anything though), the kids that live next-door to me make me seem like an Amish Mormon nun (I know, I know). Holy sh*t. It's like The Maury Povich Show in their backyard, only not censored by what I can only imagine is a person after 75 cups of coffee (I stopped even trying to watch that show after the bleeps started interrupting the reading of the lie detector and paternity test results, sheesh).

A couple long distance friends had an adorable baby boy on Friday, he just looks soo perfect. I am very happy for them. Yesterday, Nick and I visited a couple more local friends and their baby, who will be 6 months in just a few days. He is seriously one of the cutest things I have ever seen. Especially his drumstick thighs. And so happy. (By the way, they have a story on "Motherhood Methodology" on The Today Show as I type this) Also cute? My Florida friend's baby girl, 1.5 months now. OMG. She is just. The Cutest. I can't really form an opinion on my favorite pregnant friend's baby based on the blurry pics I saw at the ultrasound I accompanied her to about a week ago, but I just know she will be super cute too. So yeah. Babies and more babies. I'm very lucky Nick is pretty patient with my impatience. Thanks babe.

Flower trees make me happy.

I had my interview at Whole Foods yesterday, which was quite different than the last two I had. Really the only similarities were that it was 1.) an interview, and 2.) the first of possibly two. It lasted only 15 minutes and was with two ladies from the department for which I applied. The Team Leader, and who I assume was the assistant leader. They both seemed very nice, though I could not tell if they liked me at all. I was really nervous too and they could probably tell. Oops. The questions were pretty basic and I probably could have answered a couple of them better, but did ok. I was just so nervous! Anyway, I walked away from it feeling less than confident in my chances to get called for a second interview. Which sucks because I usually nail interviews, I just haven't been hired due to circumstance, not because I wasn't the best for the job. I'm rambling. They're supposed to call me this afternoon to let me know if I have been selected to come back for Round Two.

OMG like 8 ladies just surprised their moms Live On The Plaza with the fact that they are "Pregnant!". WTF.

But hey, I lost my 5 pounds. Sigh.


In memory of Eddie from El Sombrero's





No comments:

Post a Comment