Monday, May 5, 2014

HIRED

Whole Foods Market
Speciality Department Team Member

I got a job!

Shortly after posting on here this morning, I got a call from Whole Foods asking me to come in for a second interview. Within the hour. So after taking the world fastest shower, and quickly making myself presentable, I zipped down to the store.

Met with the General Manager (or "Store Team Leader"). He was super nice and asked a few basic questions about me, and how I am as an employee, etc. I think he was surprised by how enthusiastic I was, but I was so excited to have gotten called back I couldn't help it. I have been applying to this company for over a year. After about 15 minutes he asked me to wait there a minute, and then the two ladies I met with yesterday came out and sat with me. They said they loved me, loved my energy and offered me the position! Balloons fell from the ceiling and all the shoppers and employees threw confetti as a marching band made it's way through the store. Ok maybe that didn't happen.

So what is the Specialty Department? Coffee. Chocolate. Beer. Cheese. So pretty much the coolest part of the store. If only stores in CT had wine! OMG. So I will be learning tons about their products, most of which will probably be the cheese section. They have the most amazing cheese selection, if you've never seen it. I'll learn how to roast coffee. I'll learn how to make beer recommendations. I'll eat pounds of chocolate. I'll cut the cheese (hehe), weigh it, wrap and label it. I'll create glorious displays. I'll also be cross-trained as a barista. I'm excited to learn as much as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment