There are a few things I'm pretty into right now, and I thought I would share them with you. My life is quite riveting, I know, especially when I find a new laundry detergent that smells good or get hooked on a particular food. I hope you can handle the excitement.
19 Crimes Red Blend Wine (Australia)
This was recommended to me over the winter at a little store in town. They only sell wines they really like themselves, because they have such limited space. I usually go for a Cabernet when choosing red, but decided to trust the man and give this a try. It's lovely. It has the teensiest bit of sweetness that just works so well. It would probably be great to make sangria with. When the weather gets warmer I switch over to white (Sav Blanc) so I probably won't be buying much more of it myself for now, but if you like red and you see this, definitely try it. Oh, and it's $9.99!
Broccolini
Ohhhh I could eat it every day. I won't, but I sure could. It's not always easy to find, and it's a little pricey, but Whole Foods usually has it, so lately I have too. It is a hybrid vegetable of broccoli and kai-lan (Chinese kale). It tastes similar to broccoli, with a hint of asparagus and a touch of sweetness. It's freakin' delicious. It would probably be great mixed into pasta, or in stir-frys. I just prepare it as a side though, since carbs. First I heat (med-high?) a little olive oil in a pan and then add a clove of minced garlic. After about 30 seconds I throw in the broccolini (ends trimmed) and toss it around a bit. A little salt, and then I pour in a few tablespoons of white wine (usually just standard cooking wine) and cover it to steam on low. About 7 minutes later I uncover it, turn up the heat a bit and cook it a few more minutes. Lastly I grind some red pepper flakes on and give it a final mix. It would probably also be nice with a squeeze of fresh lemon, if you like. Mmm.
Gain with Febreze Thai Dragon Fruit Laundry Detergent
All I can really say about this is it SMELLS. AMAZING. And my clothes and sheets and towels all smell amazing when I wash them with it. For dayssss. Good smells make me happy.
Yes, that's a shake weight in the background. Laugh it up. That thing is no joke. It's hard as shit and I hate it.
These Mr. Clean Dish Gloves
I always use dish gloves (I seriously can't wait to own a dishwasher someday), because I have the most brittle fingernails already and also hate the feeling my fingertips get after washing a sinkful sans gloves. Plus they're grippy, and I'm clumsy. The reasons I like these in particular is because a.) they're super long and soft inside, and b.) they're friggin orangey-red. Yayy. Also, a helpful hint about dish gloves: they're PERFECT for opening tough jars and such because they make your whole hand grippy. Mmhmm.
Plants Growing
You guys. It's finally happening. After the longest winter we have ever experienced (and hopefully ever will), signs of Spring are at long last showing themselves! What a relief. I'm so looking forward to the haze of bright yellow-green through the woods, and pink flower trees. I can't wait for the smell of lilacs in the air, and for the grass to be boldly green again. Ahhh, Spring. Welcome back!
Also, this weekend's weather?! It is 75° and perfect outside as I type this and yesterday was just as nice. Yeah I'm totally into that. More please.
P.S. Something I'm not into, however, is finding out that (after trying it and falling in love), Dunkin Donuts cookie dough iced coffee is made with flavoring that is NOT the unsweetened type. It's totally full of sugar, so now I can't drink it anymore. No wonder it was "really helping with my sweet cravings!". Ugh, what an asshole.
No comments:
Post a Comment