For as long as we can remember there have been things people do too much of. You drink too much wine (as if), or maybe have a friend who eats too much food. He drinks too much soda and she watches too much TV. We've probably all met someone that plays video games a little too much. Some gamble, shop, smoke, talk, complain, or even exercise or clean more than the average person. I'm not going to get into all that (and not just because I'm guilty of two of them. Ok, three). Those have been issues for years and years and probably always will be. I'm talking about a more modern twist on the concept. And not just texting too much (guilty). The ways people overdo it on social media these days both annoys and fascinates me. These are the four that stand out the most:
The over-updater.
They update their status so much that you see several in a row on your newsfeed and all you can think is "Wha-...why??" For example,
April 4, 2014 6:07pm
"On our way to dinner!"...
6:25pm
"at the restrant" (this person also is not great at the spelling/grammar)
6:31pm
"waiting for our table. there taking forever!!!!"
6:49pm
(Picture of their dinner)
7:13pm
"omgggg sooo fulllll"
Sigh.
The Over-Sharer.
That person who just crosses the line between making you feel informed and making you wish you could delete their status yourself because surely they don't really want everyone to know that.
"OMG I am so sick of BF's sh*t. If he lies to me ONE MORE TIME i am SO DONE!!!!!!! Not to mention he never even got me a birthday present because he spent all his money on DRUGS!!! He's such a loser! Our kids and I don't need you, I will take them and you'll never see them again you hear me!!"
This is usually followed with a string of comments starting with supportive friends ("you go girl!") and maybe one of the guy's friends sticking up for him ("you best shut yo mouth bout my boy") and sometimes, for extra discomfort, the guy himself comes in and airs even more of their dirty laundry. Yikes.
The Attention-Seeking Whiner.
I know you know what I'm talking about. The person who writes a vague sad-story status and just waits for people to ask what's wrong, or to give them compliments or reassurance. Now, I'm not talking about your friend that had a bad day and is venting a little, or your sister who had a headache this morning. I'm talking about the serial whiners. Daily rants and self-loathing. If I may,
Status:
"Ugh I'm such an ugly loser. Nobody will ever love me" (bonus points if it includes a selfie)
Comments:
"Oh I love you! And I think you're beautiful! xoxo" etc etc..
Response:
"Thanks guys love u too"
Status:
"Worst day EVER!!!"
Comments:
"aww what happened???"
"everything ok?"
"are u okay??!"
Response:
"I don't wanna talk about it"
Status:
:(
Comments:
"oh no what's wrong hun?"
"wats wrong"
"u ok?"
Response:
"I'll inbox you"
Sorry, I just don't get it!
And finally, my favorite...
The Blatant Overuse of the Hashtag.
I actually love this one. It's just so funny to me! It's more of an Instagram epidemic, usually people on Facebook only use a few, like 5 max. On Instagram? Sky's the limit! I've seen people hashtag things I wouldn't even think of! And why? Who is searching these things?! I admit I'm not the biggest user of it. Ok I only use it for the filters that make my pictures look better sometimes. But I've seen enough to know. And no, not everyone is guilty of this, but the offenders offend hard and I will never stop laughing at them.
April 4, 2014 6:07pm
"On our way to dinner!"...
6:25pm
"at the restrant" (this person also is not great at the spelling/grammar)
6:31pm
"waiting for our table. there taking forever!!!!"
6:49pm
(Picture of their dinner)
7:13pm
"omgggg sooo fulllll"
Sigh.
The Over-Sharer.
That person who just crosses the line between making you feel informed and making you wish you could delete their status yourself because surely they don't really want everyone to know that.
"OMG I am so sick of BF's sh*t. If he lies to me ONE MORE TIME i am SO DONE!!!!!!! Not to mention he never even got me a birthday present because he spent all his money on DRUGS!!! He's such a loser! Our kids and I don't need you, I will take them and you'll never see them again you hear me!!"
This is usually followed with a string of comments starting with supportive friends ("you go girl!") and maybe one of the guy's friends sticking up for him ("you best shut yo mouth bout my boy") and sometimes, for extra discomfort, the guy himself comes in and airs even more of their dirty laundry. Yikes.
The Attention-Seeking Whiner.
I know you know what I'm talking about. The person who writes a vague sad-story status and just waits for people to ask what's wrong, or to give them compliments or reassurance. Now, I'm not talking about your friend that had a bad day and is venting a little, or your sister who had a headache this morning. I'm talking about the serial whiners. Daily rants and self-loathing. If I may,
Status:
"Ugh I'm such an ugly loser. Nobody will ever love me" (bonus points if it includes a selfie)
Comments:
"Oh I love you! And I think you're beautiful! xoxo" etc etc..
Response:
"Thanks guys love u too"
Status:
"Worst day EVER!!!"
Comments:
"aww what happened???"
"everything ok?"
"are u okay??!"
Response:
"I don't wanna talk about it"
Status:
:(
Comments:
"oh no what's wrong hun?"
"wats wrong"
"u ok?"
Response:
"I'll inbox you"
Sorry, I just don't get it!
And finally, my favorite...
The Blatant Overuse of the Hashtag.
I actually love this one. It's just so funny to me! It's more of an Instagram epidemic, usually people on Facebook only use a few, like 5 max. On Instagram? Sky's the limit! I've seen people hashtag things I wouldn't even think of! And why? Who is searching these things?! I admit I'm not the biggest user of it. Ok I only use it for the filters that make my pictures look better sometimes. But I've seen enough to know. And no, not everyone is guilty of this, but the offenders offend hard and I will never stop laughing at them.
#cat #fluffy #flowers #candle #redvase #lilac
#purplewax #pandasperch #window #open #spring
#daisies #sniffing #stopandsmelltheflowers
#table #housenextdoor #cute #ilovecats
#catlover #felinechild #fur
#catisthenewblack
No comments:
Post a Comment