Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Progress?

I was going to write this yesterday, since it was the month's halfway point. Unfortunately I was too busy trying to get over the terrible disappointment of not getting the job at the sanctuary. Although I was their first choice (and told that before I left the interview) and probably the best person for the job, one of the volunteers decided they wanted it. So basically life is unfair and I spent the last two days being completely bummed out. But life also goes on, so I applied to a few more places and will try to move on from it. And maybe look into volunteering there myself.

So the point of this is to check back on my April goals and see how I've done so far (spoiler alert: not great).

• I think we've already established that I have not gotten hired. But I am doing what I can and have to just have faith that the right thing will come along. And meanwhile, make the most of all the free time I have.

• I am not the proud new owner of apartment plants or a clean kitchen rug. But that's ok because it snowed last night. Wtf.

I have actually made progress in the other areas, little though it may be. But I like to have the glass-half-full perspective (unless it's wine, then I like it all-the-way-full because I have really tiny wine glasses). Really though, just getting things moving in the right direction is good enough for now. I know. I'm such an overachiever.

• As you may have seen, I have gotten quite a bit done in my bedroom, including redoing one of my closets completely. Well I also did the other closet, and just need to organize the shoes in it now. I almost caught up on laundry, and will do so by the end of the week. THERE ARE NO BOXES IN MY ROOM. None. Not one. OMG.

• I have definitely been cooking more. Makes my healthy low-carb not-diet much easier and way more tolerable. Which I have also been doing well with recently (and by recently I mean like 6 days tops). Once I lose the first 5lbs I won't be so carb strict. Mmmm fruit.

• My April of Action. Hmm, let's see here. I haven't exactly exercised every day. Ok fine, just 3 days! But the good news is I found a great trail in town to walk! And the other day I walked over 4.5 miles on it. My average was like 13min/mile so it's definitely solid exercise. I'll be doing this any day I am not working as long as it's not pouring rain. I hope to get up to 6 miles by mid-May. As for the Pilates, umm...where are those cables anyway?...

• I think I can safely say I have watched less TV, with the time I have spent cleaning, organizing, cooking, walking, and reading outside in the sunshine. Alright high-five good job me! (Told you I'd take credit for it.)

So while it was heartbreaking to not get that job, it's probably better to focus on the positive changes I have made, or have started to make. And keep going with them. That's what I am going to keep telling myself. Over and over until I believe it.


The trail will be so lovely when the leaves grow in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment