Monday, April 28, 2014

Finally!

First, I'm finally doing a blog post after quite a few days of not.

And today we finally got a pretty nice day again, weather-wise.

So I went for a walk on the trail, and finally decided to just walk to the entrance closer to my house. Driving to take a walk seems silly when it's less than a mile to walk there. Well. It made it different, that's for sure. Walking there wasn't bad at all, every street I had to cross had perfectly placed crosswalk lines. When you're dating a safety technologist, you notice these things. Nick would be
proud. Speaking of safety, I'm still not completely convinced yet that I won't be the first murder victim on that trail. Watching ID for hours on end will do that. I can't decide if it's made me more paranoid or just less naive. Either way, I should probably start carrying some sort of personal protection. Maybe then I won't find myself looking back every 50 feet or so. Anyway, the walk there. About halfway is when I realized I had more to worry about than predators.


Oh sh*t.

I'm not sure the picture shows how steep it really is but let me just say, as soon as I saw this all I could think about was walking up it. It was hard to walk down. Murderers were no longer my only fear on this walk. Though when I got to the trail head, it crossed my mind.


Hmmm


Not at all like the other end, with a parking lot and very wide, open trail. Luckily it was only like this for a minute, but the first section is definitely more secluded and made my eyes as shifty as a mystery wrasse (a new fish Nick got yesterday, that darts it's eyes back and forth and makes me giggle. It's a pretty little thing so I thought I would give it a shout out).


That's better


I walked the trail for about an hour, so probably about 4 miles! And adding in the street walking (heh), I'm guessing close to 6 total. But before it was over I had to climb this mountain.


Dear God Not Like This

It wasn't easy, but I did it! Let me tell you, if I walk to the trail from now on, this hill could put my butt back where it used to be. Or maybe even where it's never been. That doesn't sound right. What I'm saying is that I am going to be soooore tomorrow. I'm hoping I will do this enough over the next month that it will seem easy eventually.


Also.

The trees are finally starting to grow leaves back!

Yes!


I feel like I finally have my "diet" under control, and am craving crap food less and less. Even more, I am finally starting to feel the positive effects of it and am feeling slightly better in my skin clothes.


Last. I FINALLY, after over a year of applying, got an interview at Whole Foods. Now, I know very well to not get my hopes up for anything ever again (the sanctuary disappointment was just too crushing), but just getting the interview is kind of a big deal and I'm pretty happy for that!



This lil wrasse-cal finally got his forever home 

5 comments: